What: Decommission of a 60,000 SF warehouse
How long: Completion prior to the Thanksgiving Holiday
- removal of all FF&E including power poles for multiple business units, lockers, break room and storage rooms
- electrical taken back to the panel
- all telephone and IT equipment must be removed and shipped offsite, including cabling and tray removal
- all security equipment must be removed and locksets replaced
- space must be put back as it was prior to client lease
Impending lease deadlines and holiday season schedule challenges left DCMS with little wiggle room on the deadline. With multiple business units, IDF and IT decommission as well as cross-country equipment shipments – we had to leverage our project planning skills to ensure our client’s satisfaction.
By taking advantage of unoccupied office spaces, we were able to create a schedule that allowed us to start multiple subcontractors at once. Our daily morning stand up meeting helped to keep everyone informed on schedule and allowed for problem solving prior to experiencing any significant delays. As a team, we were able to effectively communicate both daily & weekly goals, and effectively execute our project plan.
It was challenging with the amount of work and the size of the space but DCMS completed the building decommission successfully and on time. We relied heavily on teamwork and communication to ensure all deadlines were met and scope was covered.